Thursday, July 12, 2012

Swimming

It has been SO HOT here this past week, that after Tyler went to bed tonight, the girls and I went outside into the backyard and sat in the pool.  But, as usually happens, we sat down and the rain clouds and wind came.  I think I hear thunder as I type this.  So, we lasted only about a 1/2 hour in the pool.  I was going to take pictures, but I didn't have an assistant who could help me make sure the camera didn't get wet (Clark was working tonight), so I apologize in advance for the pictureless post.  The girls said some pretty memorable things that I wanted to write down though.

Annika:
Our pool is shallow.  It is 8 feet around by 3 feet high.  Definitely not deep enough to swim in.  Annika was using her blowup turtle to float around, and while she is doing that she said, "It's a good thing I had swimming lessons, huh?"

Annika is getting more brave every day.  It is so fun to see.  The last time we went swimming, I tried to teach her how to hold her breath before she went under water so she wouldn't take in water.  Tonight, she managed to do it.  She was pretty excited.  She went inside and got her swim goggles, because now she knew how to swim under water.  She got the goggles on, put her eyes ~ and only her eyes~ under the water, then looked at me and said "I did it!  I went under water!"  I didn't have the heart to tell her that she hadn't really done it, she was just so proud of herself. 

Abigail:
Tyler has his own pool.  It's a little baby pool with a rainbow sun shade.  Abigail decided she wanted to swim in his pool rather than the big pool, so I stuck their little slide into the pool.  She had fun sliding down into the water.  While climbing the stairs one time, she stuck her leg out like a ballerina (or a fountain ~ or me when I play badminton, just ask my sister) and said "Mom!  Look what my leg can do!"  I just thought it was so funny!

After swimming for awhile, Abby looked at her fingers and said "Look!  My fingers have sprinkles!  Do your fingers have sprinkles?"  By sprinkles, she means wrinkles.  It will be a sad day for me when she starts to get that word right.

1 comment:

  1. Aw... Love to hear what your girls say! They are so sweet...& funny too. :) You are a wonderful Mommy. Can't wait to start hearing Tyler's 'comments' when they begin!! Glad you're writing them down. :)
    Keep enjoying your precious gifts from the Lord - even tho' I know they have their challenges too!!!

    ReplyDelete