Friday, July 13, 2012

I'll sew anything in exchange for.....


I miss the days when, if you were a doctor, and after delivering a baby, you got paid in chickens.  Or vegetables.  That's my kind of bartering.  Especially since we're a single income family, it's always nice to be able to exchange things with other people.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of it earlier.  Except, I'm not a doctor.  I do sew though.

I made Nena a car seat cover a while back.  Her mother, who is a crazy good photographer, asked me if I could make another car seat cover for her niece and give her a lesson in sewing so she could make some burp cloths.  She asked how much money I would charge her, and so I bartered with her. 

On my wall right now, I have pictures of our family.  The ones of Tyler are not nice.  He's screaming in all of them.  Clark isn't too fond of them.  I think it's kinda cute and I'm sure we'll laugh about it in the future, but I did want some pictures where he looked relatively happy.  Well, he's such a serious kid, I just wanted a picture where he wasn't crying. 

So, Joey and I traded services.  I sewed for her and she took wickedly awesome pictures of my children.  I am IN LOVE with them.  So much so, that I'm going to have to go out and buy more frames so I can put more pictures on my wall!  She then took really good pictures of the items I sewed for her as well.  They look much better in the pictures then they do in person!  Because she's such a busy lady, I ended up sewing the burp cloths for her as well, so I guess the sewing lesson will have to be in the near future.

Now I'm sure you're all wondering what exactly I had to sew in order to get pictures, so here you go.  My half of the bargain:

 Burp cloths ~ I really need to purchase a walking foot for my machine. It would have definitely been easier to make these!




The car seat cover.  I love the fabric Joey picked.  It is so vibrant.



Now that I made you sit through those pictures, you're going to have to wait until tomorrow for the pictures of the kids.  Don't worry, it will be worth the wait.  While your waiting...if you think you need something sewn, decide what you want to barter with...I'll sew anything if the price is right!





4 comments:

  1. You do a great job with your sewing.... & I LOVE the idea of bartering!!! I'm thinking.... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. You aw very talented and I think it is great that you have found an outlet to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lived here or I lived there - I would totally barter for sewing services. I am constantly looking for someone to help me fix little things on the kids or our clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely have done that in exchange for some of your yummy looking salsa! :)

      Delete