Friday, June 15, 2012

At least I have a beautiful smile

Source


I have had pretty bad luck regarding dentists lately.  Our first dentist that we saw once moved to Ontario, so we switched to another dentist in the same practice.  He was very nice.  I saw him once, he did some work on my teeth...and he's no longer working for the office.  My mouth has been bothering me for some time, so I went into the dentist today to get checked out and met dentist #3.  He's pretty nice I think...it's hard to tell.  I'm a little leery about trusting dentists, since the last dentist was supposed to be really good. 

It turns out that the work I had done a couple of months ago wasn't done correctly, so I have to get it redone.  I also have three other cavities that showed up in my x-rays but weren't caught by the previous dentist.  I'm not quite sure how that happens, although in defense of the last dentist...my current dentist was showing me the x-rays and said "Do you see this spot, that is ..., that spot is ..."  What I saw was grey, light grey, dark grey, white.  It meant nothing to me.  Maybe my last dentist was color blind.  Just a thought. 

I am cautiously optimistic about this new guy for a couple of reasons. 

  1. He has a really firm handshake.
  2. He said that he would like to be my last dentist and for that to happen we have to develop a relationship, so he took the time and told me a little bit about himself. 
  3. He graduated from Yale.  He must be smart then right?  Come to think of it...maybe this reason should be #1.
  4. He told me I had nice teeth for Medicine Hat.  I'm not quite sure what that means about the dental hygiene of most Hatters, but I will take the compliment and pass it on to my parents, since they're the ones that paid for my smile.
Here's something funny that happened...the Dr. took a piece of gauze and asked me to stick my tongue out.  He then took the gauze and wrapped it around my tongue so that he could move it around to get a better look at my teeth.  While he was doing this, he stopped to let me know that my tongue is the longest he's ever seen.  He even pulled his assistant over so she could see my tongue as well.  I know that's something you've always wanted to know about me right?

While I was meeting my "last" dentist (I think that is how I will address him, Last Dentist), my friend Ashley came over and watched the kidlets for me.  When I told Abigail she was getting company, she said "I don't like the babysitter."  I told her that she did, because it was Mrs. Ashley, and then she said, "Oh, I do like Ashley."  She drew a picture of Ashley while she was there.  Supposedly she's sad.  Would you like it to put on your fridge Ashley?  :)



The resemblance is uncanny.

I go back to see Last Dentist next Thursday for my first of two appointments to fix all of my teeth.  They told me it was probably going to be about a 2 hour appointment both times...so they booked me in for 8:30 in the morning!  I seriously don't know what I was thinking.  Clark is home next Thursday so that won't be a problem, but poor Ashley has said she'll watch the kids again for the 2nd appointment, so I feel bad that she'll have to get up early as well. 

I'm hoping that Last Dentist won't hurt too much, maybe I'll be able to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I loved her pictures of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a beautiful smile! :) That is an interesting "news flash" about the length of your tongue!! lol

    I love Abigail's drawing - she did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete