Monday, October 22, 2012

The best thing about fall.....

is watching your children jump in the leaves.  On Saturday, Clark suggested that we take the kids to a park to look at the leaves.  I misunderstood and thought he meant JUMP in the leaves, because that's what we used to do when we were kids. 

We found a very leafy spot in Kin Coulee and tumbled out of the van to jump in leaves.  Some nice person even left their rake there so we could make a huge pile. 

The kids had a blast.  Clark said that jumping in leaves was a much better idea.  I asked him what he had meant when he suggested our outing, and he said "I thought we'd just sit and look at them."  He didn't jump into leaf piles as a child.  Poor kid.

Tyler was not a fan of the leaves.  I think it had more to do with how cold it was that day and not really the texture.  I'm sure next year he'll be more excited.


The girls had a blast.  It makes me wish that we had trees in our yard.  Then, I think about how glad I am that I don't have to rake all of them up, and I get over it very quickly!


 
 
One word of caution.  It is not a good thing to make a huge pile of leaves and then check your pockets only to find that you had dropped your keys INTO the huge leaf pile.  It makes for a bit of a stressful time.  The power of prayer and a little girls sharp eyes, the keys were only lost for about 10 minutes.
 
The best thing about fall is watching your children jump in the leaves.  The better thing is to jump into a leaf pile yourself.  There's nothing like the smell of leaves.

1 comment: