Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Shameless bragging, you've been warned

I really should check my drafts folder more often!  I found this from August, but I never published it.  So, read it and pretend it's still August.

This past week, Annika headed out to one of the local churches for their Vacation Bible School.  In almost 5 years, this is the first time I've had to set an alarm for myself.  Gotta say, I didn't really enjoy that!  She was only gone from 9 to 12, but it was kinda fun to see what my days were going to be like once she starts school in the fall.  The verdict?  They will be quieter.  I'm kinda looking forward to having only 2 kids at home with me.  Poor Abigail missed her sister quite a bit though, and kept saying, "Where's Ka?   I miss her."  I have a feeling it will be toughest on her.

Anyway, back to VBS.  Friday night, they had a Grand Finale where the parents were invited to see what the kids had been doing all week.  On the Thursday, Annika's teacher had asked if she would be willing to say one of the memory verses during the finale. 

She was so nervous.  I kept telling her she would be fine, and it finally paid off.  We got to the church and she told me "Mom, I'm not nervous anymore, just excited!"

I'm sorry the quality isn't the best, but she's just too cute, and we were so proud of her, I had to post it anyway!

This first video is her whole class, and their motto for the week.

 
This video is Annika doing her verse.
 
I John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work, Annika!!! You have every right to be proud, Mom! :) Glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete