Friday, November 09, 2012

If you haven't skated for 15 years....

...it is NOT like riding a bike.  At least, that is how I felt.  I'm not the most athletically coordinated girl anyway, but I did think that I could just skate onto the ice and pick up where I left off.  I felt I needed one of those push things that Annika got to use.
 
Annika's school went skating on Friday.  She normally doesn't go to school on Fridays, however, the skating is part of the gym curriculum, so she had to be there.  Also, I remember going skating when I was in school and I always enjoyed it, so I knew she would too.  Guess who was a bit of a natural?  Not me.  I hadn't skated in 15 years, and it is NOT like riding a bike.  (I know, I sound like a broken record)
 
 
Isn't she cute?
 
 
After skating with me for a little while, Annika turned to me and said "Mom, could you go sit down and watch me from there so I can skate with my friends?"  I felt the love.  Actually, my feet were KILLING me, so I was more than happy to let her go by herself.  She came up to me after a while and would skate with the push thing then push it away and skate by herself for a little bit before falling on her butt.  I love how adventurous she got. 



And, at the end of the day, she might not have wanted to skate with me, but when she fell on her head, I was the first person she wanted, which secretly made my day. I'm sorry she got hurt, but it's still nice to be needed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she had such a good time skating - & you didn't have to skate the whole time with her! But you were still needed! :)

    ReplyDelete