Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Like my Mom

This is my Mom.  She's going to be mad at me that I posted this picture.  Oh well.

 
Nothing says home more to me than when I cook something and can say that it tastes exactly like how my Mom makes it.  That's saying something, because she's a really good cook.  She might beg to differ, but I know better.
 
I have mastered my Mom's spaghetti sauce and summa borscht.  Tonight, I tackled my Mom's Swedish Beef Stew.  I've only made this recipe once before, and Clark looked at it and asked me who in their right mind made stew without potatoes.  It tasted ok, but not exactly like Moms. 
 
Tonight, it turned out!  Clark said that he's now a believer of potatoless stew.  And, I cook like my Mom!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Your Mom would be proud of you! :) And, by the way, it's a great picture of her (& Annika)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by to let you know that I gave you The Liebster Award! www.disneygirlcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete