Thursday, May 03, 2012

Nena's car seat cover

So, I have this really cool car seat cover for Tyler.  It has birds on it.  That part isn't really the cool part.  I like that it drapes over the handle.  I've always thought that if I was a baby, I would feel claustrophobic if I had something close to my face like the traditional car seat cover.  So, I bought a different one for Tyler.  I 90% love it.  Two things I DON'T love about it.  1.  It's not long enough.  2.  The part by his head kept flapping in the wind and exposing his head to the elements.  Not cool.  I always thought I could make it better.  So, when my friend Joey mentioned that she really liked my car seat cover, I knew that I could make hers so that she would 100% love it.  I originally wasn't going to blog about her cover until I had given it to her, but I called today and left a message and she didn't return my call, so she gets to see it on here first.  Maybe that will give her incentive to call me!

Joey picked out the prettiest fabric.  I love it, it's so fun!  And, here's the finished project!


I made it longer than mine...and it's definitely pinker!


Here's what the other side looks like!  The following picture I'm quite tickled about.  I had decided originally that I was going to add a drawstring to the back to keep it from flying about.  However, my very smart creative friend Chantal suggested putting elastic on the back.  I added the fabric casing, and we had a eureka moment.  It turned out so well!  It was windy today, so I took a video of the cover NOT going anywhere.  It's a great watch! 



Hopefully Nena (and her mommy) will love it as much as I do. 

4 comments:

  1. I am totally impressed with your creativity!!! I'm sure Nena & here mommy will LOVE it! I do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I can't wait to have another baby so you can make one for me! Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous! The elastic was pure genius.

    ReplyDelete