Monday, February 20, 2012

The Cow on the Grass

Have you ever had a dream that made you laugh or cry and while you were dreaming, you were thinking (outside your dream, like you're watching a movie) "Wow, what a great dream."  I have.  Then I wake up and forget what I've dreamed except for snippets.  Last night was not a night like that.  I think I remember most of my dream, and as it was rather odd, I'm writing it down for posterity.

Source
I was talking to our neighbors across the street, Fred and Ginger.  It was spring.  We were talking about something, when Fred told me he had to go and take delivery of a cow.  It was a Holstein, but a special kind of Holstein.  It was HUGE!  A semi truck delivered it by "walking" it down the street to Fred's house.  The truck had to walk it because the cow was as tall as the truck.  It was an angry cow, so you couldn't get too near it or it would run you down and bite you.  Fred was going to keep it in his front yard.  There is no fence in his front yard, but because of some weird anomoly in this cow, it didn't like sidewalks.  Little sidewalks are ok, big sidewalks are not.  So, because there is a big sidewalk on two sides of Fred's property, and a huge drivewawy on the third side, this would effectively keep the cow on his grass. 

All of a sudden, Fred's house was MY house, and I was in charge of the cow.  I felt like a prisoner in my house, since you couldn't leave without someone causing a diversion, or the cow would charge at you.  I had to go outside and stir a casserole of rice and tomato sauce (the cow's supper) and I had to watch a YouTube video on the proper handling of this cow.  I remember being nervous because Clark was still at work and wouldn't be home until later.  I kept asking them how he was supposed to get into the house. 

My friend Chantal popped up into my living room and told me that she and her husband would be willing to provide the distraction, but that they needed new cell phones and I wouldn't be able to get a hold of them.  I told her she could take my cell phone and return it when she came back, she agreed and then disappeared.  This is rather odd, because they live in Edmonton.  Maybe she had transporter capability.

After she had left, I watched my video on how to handle the cow.  All I remember about it is on the side bar, it said "Follow these directions very carefully.  Disregard direction #23."

Well, there you have it.  Hopefully no brain cells died during the reading of this story!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Maybe this is foreshadowing to a future transporter technology. Definitely a strange dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I am not the only one that has strange dreams. Mine this week were devisateing though. This one made me laugh. Thanks for sharing your mind. If you ever have the dream again you can move your cow to my land. We have room for it and a road on either side of the property

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a crazy dream!!! Interesting how the mind works! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were in my dream the other night. You were living in California in a beautiful apartment, right by the ocean, only $96 a month. And you were setting it up that we got meet Patrick Stewart! So excited! And then I heard a child and woke up - right before said meeting was going to take place. Devastated, was I. ;-)

    ReplyDelete