Here are some things from the past year that I wanted to remember:
- You started sitting up all by yourself at 9 months
- You LOVE to talk. Favourite word seems to be "Dad", although you have been heard saying "Mama"
- Your father has come up with a special nickname for you. It's kinda cute. He calls you Ler-Ty. I don't think it would work if I tried calling you that, so I'll stick to your real name and leave the nicknames to your father.
- You LOVE your sisters. They usually don't have to work to get a smile from you. Anyone else is a different story.
- You started crawling at 11 months. At first it was kind of a stomach scoot, but then one day the cat walked into your line of vision and you started crawling after him. You also like crawling to his water dish.
- You are so strong. You can pull open the drawers in the kitchen.
- It doesn't matter what kind of food I put in front of you, you like all of it. You do this little giggle whenever you see it. Have I mentioned yet how much like your father you are?
- You seem to prefer to sleep on your side.
- You are very serious.
- My heart melts every time I walk into the room and you catch sight of me. You break into this grin that seems to stretch over your face. It disappears quite quickly, but I love knowing that you are so excited to see me.
- You give the best hugs. They are few and far between, but when I get one, I make it count.
- You love having baths. The only part you don't like is getting your hair washed, because the water streams down your face and gets into your eyes.
- You love going to the swimming pool as well. That makes me happy, since your sisters are such water babies.
- Your favourite game to play is peek-a-boo. You'll use your hands if you can't find a blanket.
- Sometimes, you'll put a blanket on your head and sit there very quietly. I'll then say, "Where's Tyler?" and you'll giggle under your blanket. I love playing that game with you.
- You have six teeth, but you're working on two more.