Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Valentine's Day DIY

I love Valentine's Day.  I think it is my second favourite holiday.  I guess any day that I can justify pink pancakes and maybe eating a very little bit of chocolate at breakfast is OK by me!  We usually buy the girls a present or two.  This year, I think Clark is going to buy them some roses.  I'll put them in a couple of vases just for them so when they come to the breakfast table, they'll be waiting for them.  I'm excited for that.  I think it's great that their Daddy is showing them now how they should be treated. 

Last year, I bought them Valentine's  pajamas.  They enjoyed that.  This year, I decided to make them shirts.  There are a bunch of tutorials floating around the Internet about dyeing with bleach, so I decided to give it a whirl.  I must say, it was SO MUCH FUN!  I had to stop myself, or I might have started dyeing a whole bunch of things.

Annika's shirt is on the top.  I wanted to make little hearts go down the sleeve, but they look more like blobs.


So then, with Abigail's shirt, I decided to just bleach stripes down one of the sleeves.  I hope it doesn't look funny when they wear them that there is only bleach on one sleeve and not the other one.  I think it looks quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment