Thursday, March 08, 2012

Cute Things Abigail Says (Part 2)


Our dishwasher is broken.  It has been for a couple of weeks now.  I don't mind it so much anymore.  Annika loves to help dry the cutlery and put it away.  She summed it up quite succinctly the other day.
 
"Mom, it's always better to do dishes when you have someone to talk to."
Abigail likes to help as well.  However, her idea of helping is me putting water in the sink, she pushes me out of the way then starts splashing around.  Usually by the time she's done, there is no more water in the sink.  It's on the floor.  I came up with these totes filled with water to keep them occupied.  They like it because they're playing with water.  I like it because we're still spending time together while I'm doing chores and the mess is minimal since they aren't very deep.   Well, now that we've had the background, on to the purpose of my post.
Abigail was sitting and playing with her ducks and boat today, talking to herself.  It was really cute, some of the things she comes up with!  Anyway, I told her she was cute, and in her best bossy voice she said,
"No Mom, I'm happy!"

2 comments: