Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mystery at Casa Noel

The weirdest thing is happening at our house, and it's driving me crazy.  We have a sound.  It kinda sounds like a purring cat/wood hitting against something.  In the following picture, (which is totally to scale!) the blue shaded part represents the areas of the house this noise can be heard in.  I was up at 3 AM the other day and I couldn't sleep, so I walked around the entire top of the house trying to figure out where the noise came from.  I didn't do the basement, just in case it was a burglar trying to lure me to my death.  However, I did tell Clark when he got up the next morning that I thought the furnace was making a weird noise.  Nope, not it.  I thought it was the fridge.  Wrong again.  It is a continuous noise, at least while it's quiet in the house, so I'm not sure just what it could be.  Does anybody want to put on a fancy hat, stick a pipe in their mouth and walk around my house while calling me Watson?  Oh, and you have to tell me what the noise is too!

6 comments:

  1. Nathan guesses it is the fridge. He has heard it before early in the morning. That is very odd. Perhaps we can solve the mystery when I come over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's the fridge, I put my ear up to it and couldn't hear anything.

      Delete
  2. Do you have an attic fan? If it's at all breezy it would be turning in the wind and might make a humming noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good guess! I'll have to stick my head in the attic and see!

      Delete
  3. Who's Brad? ;-) When we hear weird noises in our house, it's mice running on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He even read it and said it sounded good!!!! I'll have to edit immediately!

      Delete